Saturday, December 27, 2008

Click click


This is crazy. I need another hobby like I need another hernia. Like I don't have enough to do.

A couple weeks ago, I went onto Flickr to find Creative Commons works for a brochure (to use with attribution to the artist). I had never spent much time on the site, and I was blown away--not so much by the quality of photographs, but by the size and depth of the shooting community, the camera comparisons, the ability to see which camera and which settings were used for so many shots, the comments, the ability to control rights, blah blah blah and etcetera.

I was hooked. I wrote down the names of cameras I was interested in, that I might be able to afford. I didn't actually think I'd buy one... I had way too much Christmas shopping to do.

Then I went to Circuit City's going away party in Concord, looked inside a lonely glass case, and saw the Nikon I had researched only a few days before--for neary $300 less than its normal retail.

Mind you I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing with this thing, or with Photoshop for that matter. It doesn't matter. I'm printing out free guides from friends and the Internet. And already I have nicer photos of my family than I ever had before. If I could just squeeze some non-working time out of the daylight... if if if...

1 comment:

Brent A. Snyder said...

Dude this is beautiful. Post more of your pics as they come.