Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Best podcast ever


Someday, I tell myself, I'm going to write a novel about my band days. We're only talking about a total of two years (not counting last year's reunion), but they were two of the funnest years of my life.

As a family man, I don't make it out to many shows anymore, but there is something that keeps the music alive in me. And it's totally, amazingly, free.

All I know about KPunk is that it's a podcast run by some guy named Kevin who has incredible taste in music -- good, good punk music. Every three weeks like clockwork, dude hauls out a brilliant, 45-minute old-school style mixtape filled with new and classic tunes that makes my heart wilt with love.

Just one of these things is so loaded with meaty, balls-out tunes, that before you know it, three weeks have passed and another one comes out -- before you've even thought of getting sick of it of the last one. I mean it's just incredible. The fact that KPunk favors certain bands -- like the Copyrights, the Errgs! and Teenage Bottlerocket -- doesn't bother me in the least, cuz they're pretty friggin' awesome. (Just ask my two-year-old, Sonny, who simply adores both the song and the vid for In The Basement.)

Of course I know not everyone is a fan of punk and the fact I'm burying my declaration of love in superlatives probably does more harm than good. All I know is, if I ever do write that band novel, I'll do it listening to KPunk. Thank you, Kevin.

3 comments:

Brent A. Snyder said...

Awesome!

robp said...

Cool pic, Warren. What the hell are you playin?

Lutz said...

Not quite sure, I was playing a lot of pawn shop instruments in those days, although I do recall it weighed a frickin' ton.