Saturday, March 28, 2009

My firstborn


Just some not-so-random thoughts about my first born and all the stuff that makes her Awesome yet Drives Me Crazy...

Awesome:

What an imagination. Now this could easily fall into the Drives Me Crazy realm, but not for me. I adore a healthy imagination, even if it does drive me crazy.

Is a live-for-today sort of kid. Can bounce back from defeat pretty darn quickly.

Whipsmart funny... and how.

Has a lot more self-confidence at school, particularly among her peers, than I ever did.

Seems to be grasping "the big picture" about her mom and I.

Tells me exactly what's up.

Talks to me. Yeah, she's only eight, and these aren't the deepest conversations and they may not last. But we talk. Let me enjoy it for now.

Drives Me Crazy:

The meltdowns. Not as bad as her other genetic influence, but a near-daily obstacle.

...

Oh shit. I thought this would sort of balance out, but it totally doesn't. My kid's awesome. Shame on me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As my mother always says "Every mother raven thinks her baby is the blackest."