Saturday, May 09, 2009

Warm fuzzies time


To me, good writing is about the communication that happens between writer and audience, but it's basically a one-way street -- until the reader is right there in front of your face, telling you what works and what doesn't. Or, like Evil Kneivel, taking a baseball bat to your arm.

Anyway, I don't know why I waited 41 years to join a writer's group. I've been traveling down a one-way street for a long, long time... unless perhaps it was fate guiding me, because the writing group I'm in is pretty effing amazing.

Of course I have nothing to compare it to. But I can't imagine a more talented, funny, and self-motivated group of individuals. Every week I learn something new, and leave joyful and inspired. And thankful.

1 comment:

Allison Landa said...

I'm always so glad to hear how well it's working. And trust me, the warm fuzzies are echoed all-round. (Though the guys express it in a more, well, guy-ly way than me.)